Wrestling Meets CTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Meets CTU

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiefer Q&A

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Kiefer Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Kiefer Q&A   Kiefer Q&A Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:46 am

Source:Femalefirst(more to this interview click here)

Quote :
Kiefer Sutherland Q&A

Thursday (16th) 10:23

Kiefer Sutherland is most famous for his role as Jack Bauer in hit television series 24 but he is back in a movie with Mirrors.

Why were you interested in making this film?

I really wanted to work with director Alexandre Aja and do a film in this genre. As an actor your desire is to illicit a response from an audience, and there is no better genre to do that in than this. I get very affected when I see films.

I suspend my belief and let the film take me somewhere which makes me very vulnerable for a film like this, so it’s a lot easier for me to make the film than to watch it.

What was the scariest scene when you watched it?

Obviously the first time he looked in the mirror made me jump but the oddest thing is I know its coming, and I still jumped. Even just going through the building and waiting for something to happen is scary to me. Believe me, I’m the easiest person to make this movie for.

Tell me about the Mayflower department store. Where was that shot?

We shot the film primarily in Bucharest, Romania. The former Communist leader Ceausescu had built this Academy of Sciences building that was never finished by the time he died in 1989. The building was really a testament to his ego so it hasn’t been used and there was a sense of abandonment you could really feel.
Comment on this Article

It’s a cold war building and you could feel the weight of that and there was a musky quality to them. It was great to shoot in a real building rather than a set, because we could do 360 degree shooting.

What was the most demanding scene to film?

The whole breakdown in front of the mirror, because it’s really easy to be really trite with something like that and the fact that I was looking straight into a mirror which really made the whole experience really weird.

How much did your father’s (Donald Sutherland) work influence you to make a film in this genre?

I think he made one of the greatest pieces of cinema ever made with 'Don’t Look Now' by Nicolas Roeg. That to me was an enlightened movie, and one of the scariest films I ever saw. I was way too young when I first saw that, about 16 or 17.

But my father has done so many great films. I also thought the remake of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' was also fantastic. My interest in doing a film like this is when you have characters that you are invested in and then the horror elements come in. I felt Alexandre balanced that beautifully in this script for 'Mirrors'.

You’ve seen the highs and lows in this business. What keeps you going?

I love working. The only times I’ve had to stop is cause I couldn’t get a job. I wouldn’t call myself an artist; I feel more like a carpenter when I go to work. I love acting and creating a character is one of the most exciting things for me.
Back to top Go down
https://wrestling-meets-ctu.forummotion.com

Kiefer Q&A
Page 1 of 1