Wrestling Meets CTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Meets CTU

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KIEFER SUTHERLAND TO MAKE BRAT-PACK VERSION OF 'RAINBOW'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2008-01-06

KIEFER SUTHERLAND TO MAKE BRAT-PACK VERSION OF 'RAINBOW' Empty
PostSubject: KIEFER SUTHERLAND TO MAKE BRAT-PACK VERSION OF 'RAINBOW'   KIEFER SUTHERLAND TO MAKE BRAT-PACK VERSION OF 'RAINBOW' Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Quote :

27-04-10

KIEFER Sutherland is to reunite Hollywood's 'brat-pack' in a big-budget remake of Rainbow.

Molly Ringwald: Reinventing ZippyThe 24 star confirmed he has signed up Lou Diamond Phillips, Molly Ringwald and the Sheen brothers, Charlie and Emilio, to create a 21st Century version of the gay psychological thriller, adored by generations of British children.

Sutherland is likely to take on the role of Geoffrey, while Diamond Philips has agreed to play Rod, Kevin Bacon will play Jane and Demi Moore will play Freddie.

Mannequin's Andrew McCarthy will play George, the homosexual hippopotamus, Breakfast Club's Judd Nelson will play Bungle, the homosexual bear and Ringwald is likely to be in the hunt for a long overdue Oscar nomination when she takes on the role of Zippy, the indeterminate homosexual thing.

Sutherland said: "Jack Bauer's inner toughness and emotional detachment came from observing Geoffrey. The shit he put up with from Zippy would have broken a lesser man.

"Meanwhile George has a boy's name but he's pink so maybe he's a girl. That fascinates me."

Early plot details suggest the story will focus on George's early years when he becomes pregnant and runs away from home, finally finding refuge with a house full of misfits who are shunned by the rich kids and the American football players.

But even as they cling to each other for reassurance, tensions simmer just below the surface as each housemate tries to come to terms with who they really are before going off to university.

Ringwald, 81, said: "Every actress of my generation has dreamed of playing Zippy. I'm going to bring a small town, mid-western sensibility to it and try to make him less of a total dick."

Sutherland added: "I'm very confident. We have strong cast, the script makes no sense and Jim Kerr from Simple Minds has very kindly agreed not to provide the soundtrack."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-%26-entertainment/kiefer-sutherland-to-make-brat%11pack-version-of-'rainbow'-201004272681/
Back to top Go down
https://wrestling-meets-ctu.forummotion.com

Page 1 of 1