Wrestling Meets CTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Meets CTU

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

24 is cancelled

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2008-01-06

24 is cancelled Empty
PostSubject: 24 is cancelled   24 is cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:11 pm

24 is cancelled 835178 Mad

March 26, 2010
'24' showrunner talks series finale, future plans
Howard Gordon, “24” executive producer and showrunner talks about the the decision to cancel the series and what’s next for Jack Bauer.

THR: What's next for "24"?

Gordon: There are other possible iterations of Jack Bauer and his world -- whether a movie or some other sort of scenario. We're developing the movie, Billy Ray (”State of Play,” “Shattered Glass”) is writing it. It depends on how well it comes out and Fox's appetite. Most importantly it's about ending the show right and doing it with the same level of intensity and commitment that we started with.

THR: When's the soonest that fans could realistically expect a feature film?

Gordon: Obviously the script's still being written. It could be as early as next year depending on how things come together.

THR: Since the setting shifts to Europe for the movie, will CTU still play a role?

Gordon: Yes and no. Jack is really the center of it, catching up with him emotionally and locationally where he is. The opportunity is not to use the real-time aspect and also to do it on a scale the TV show never allowed.

THR: Is there anything TV-related that you're looking to do in the future with the “24” brand?

Gordon: There are conversations about that. If one of the writers came up with a good idea, I'd happily pitch to Kiefer and happily pitch the show to the network -- whether Fox or someone else. We just don't have that idea and that's where everything has to start.

THR: You never pitched an idea for next season?

Gordon: We couldn't come up with something that really satisfied us. We've done everything we feel we can do with that character in this format.

THR: How ending the show come about?

Gordon: It helped that this was the end of a lot of peoples' contracts. There was a deal finiteness in place. Also, every year is a high-wire act. We all look at each other and ask, 'Can we really do this again?' and it's not with complete conviction that we say, 'Yes.' As an act of faith and effort, we get through it. This year Kiefer said it felt like the senior year of high school.

THR: How do you want “24” the series to be remembered?

Gordon: I'd like it to be remembered as a revolutionary concept. The second thing is that we loved this show so much and never did anything less than our best. I hope we delivered to our fans like we feel we did to ourselves. We loved this show from the very first hour to the last hour, so I hope people think of it being consistently at that quality and that it never dipped too terribly -- except for season six.

THR: Can you tease to the rest of the season?

Gordon: We've taken a risk in the last eight episodes. It was challenging to the writers to the actors. We're taking a risk, the show has to do that. Without spoiling what's to come, it's pretty dark and complex and a place that was uncomfortable for us to write and for some of the actors to act. We really swung for the fences. Because the show is as old as it is, this season hasn't really been given its due. But our audience is hanging in there with us and I think it's been a very successful season.

THR: How has this decision creatively impacted the ending?

Gordon: There have been a couple other season-enders that would have been spectacular series enders. Season four, season five and last year. I was more aware this time of ending something that really felt surprising, but not cheap; emotionally consistent. Some will throw their shoes at the screen, inevitably some will be angry, some will say they hated it the last three years. You can't please everybody you can only do the best you can do. I'm hoping people lean forward. I'm hoping the first feeling people have is, "Damn I miss it, I want more."

Source: www.thrfeed.com

I'm unhappy about this only becuse the lost fans got a lost more worning that thery show was not go be on anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://wrestling-meets-ctu.forummotion.com
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 is cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 is cancelled   24 is cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:48 am

I won't watch anything that Howard Gordon dose as a TV show.

I wish we had more time like Lost fans had. To know that they show was not going to be on anymore.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 is cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 is cancelled   24 is cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:54 pm

To me it looks like fox whant to keep 24. But Kiefer Sutherland and Howard Gordon didn't not whan't too keep the show on.

I hope we get some good moves out of this. I was a Angle fan we didn't not get a move after they caned the show.

I'm only sad for the three family's. I just got to be fans of this show this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

24 is cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 is cancelled   24 is cancelled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24 is cancelled
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Meets CTU :: 24 :: 24 chat-
Jump to: