Wrestling Meets CTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Meets CTU

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

24 TV Movie

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2008-01-06

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:38 pm

24 TV Movie 24Redemptionsig

Quote :
24 will be back on screens sooner than expected as a TV Movie is being made to make up for the delay because of the writers strike.

"The wait for Jack Bauer's return won't be quite as long as expected. While 24 still won't be back with a new season until January, FOX is planning a special 24 TV-Movie to air this fall, says The Hollywood Reporter.

24 was perhaps the biggest example of the problems networks faced thanks to the recently concluded writers' strike. There had already been frequent changes to the 24: Season 7 story last summer, leading to a delay in production for the hit series. Then, when the strike began, only eight episodes had been completed. Eventually, when it became clear that it wasn't possible for a complete, uninterrupted 24-episode season to be finished before this TV season ended, FOX decided to simply wait until January 2009 to bring the show back. However, this meant the show would be off the air an incredibly lengthy 19 months – an unprecedented delay in network television.

The TV-movie seems like FOX's way of at least having some 24 content on during that long delay – a similar tactic was used by SCI FI Channel during the long wait between Battlestar Galactica seasons last fall, with the TV-Movie Razor.

The Reporter says the 24 movie will bridge the gap between Season 6 and 7. Deals are being made to sign cast members to the film. In the meantime, the writers are back at work on Season 7, which will go back into production in April. It's unclear where the movie will fit into the Season 7 production schedule."

Cordite go to

Last edited by kane on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://wrestling-meets-ctu.forummotion.com
Gamer
In training
In training

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-15

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks for that Wink
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:21 pm

You are welcome.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Here is a update to the movie

24 Redemption

Here is the trailer for the movie

Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Early TV Review: on '24 Redemption'   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:23 am

Link to the site

Quote :
24 TV Movie 24_redemption1
© 2008 Fox Jack Bauer in 24 REDEMPTION

Television:

Early TV Review: '24 REDEMPTION'

Man, how refreshing is it to have Jack Bauer back in action, even if it is only for a two-hour prequel movie

Grade: A
Stars: Kiefer Sutherland, Cherry Jones, Robert Carlyle, Gil Bellows, Siyabulela Ramba, Sivuyile Ngesi, Jon Voight, Tony Todd
Writer(s): Howard Gordon
Director: Jon Cassar
Release Date: Airs Sunday, November 23, 2008
Rating: NR

By CARL CORTEZ, Contributing Writer
Published 10/3/2008

After a routinely uninteresting fall TV season with new and returning shows failing to ignite the kind of excitement that inspires fierce devotion (CHUCK and FRINGE notwithstanding), iF Magazine was fortunate enough to be invited to an advance screening of the two-hour 24: REDEMPTION prequel movie set to air Sunday, Nov. 23 on Fox (and hitting DVD on Nov. 25).

And boy, what a ride. It’s nice to know Jack, after a year and half of television inactivity is back in action and ready to kick-ass in whole new package.

24: REDEMPTION is a bridging movie that leads into Season 7. It sets up many of the conflicts and characters that we’ll be seeing when the season begins in January.

It’s also a rather bold experiment for the show that stayed firmly entrenched in Los Angeles and the CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) throughout the show’s run.

It begins in Africa, where Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) has landed after several years travelling the globe, leaving his “saving the world” ways behind him.

Teamed with a former buddy turned missionary Carl Benton (Robert Carlyle), the two of them have been helping out children in Africa through education while a ruthless warlord (Tony Todd) is attempting to overthrow the government while abducting children into his militia.

While Jack wants to keep the peace and slide in and out of this role, when conflict strikes, somewhere down the line Jack’s can’t help but pull his gun, start shooting and take no prisoners.

Meanwhile in the States, the first woman president Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones) is taking over the office from the exiting president Noah Daniels (Powers Boothe). This Africa coup is one of the outstanding bits of business the two of them disagree on, and it’s the ramifications of Daniels’ actions that President Taylor will have to deal with going into the new season.

To give away much more would spoil the surprise for 24 fans. Suffice to say, the movie plays out in real-time over a two-hour period, it retains all the things 24 fans love from double-crossings to high tension. It also sets up a great group of new cast members that should provide an interesting, different season than we’ve seen before on 24.

I know it’s two months away, but man, after you see this movie, you’ll immediately want Season 7 to start. With the current economy a mess, and our own presidential race still on, not having Jack around to make things right in a fictional U.S. scenario has been solely missing.

At the end of the two-hour presentation, we were also shown an extended preview of what to expect in Season 7, and it’s pretty damn awesome.

Granted, you’re talking to one of the biggest 24 fans out there, so I am biased, but when shows like HEROES have struggled to find their way in their third season, 24 consistently (warts and all, including a hit and miss Season 6) is still one of the best pieces of television out there.

Period.

After the network run is over, it’s clear Jack Bauer as played by Kiefer Sutherland is a character that will be able to segue into a big budget film franchise with ease.

Jack Bauer is back … now see if you too can wait for the ticking clock when REDEMPTION hits TV and DVD. It’s well worth the wait. And that’s the fact Jack!

Last edited by kane on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:17 pm

24: Redemption is are most here for more inform go here 24 Redemption site.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:13 am

Link to the site that has the video and the article that goes with it
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:25 pm

https://s0007.photobucket.com/albums/0007/fox24redemption/?action=view&current=24r_sia_final_.flv
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 am

Last edited by kane on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: TV Guide Magazine   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:58 pm

TV Guide Magazine
Quote :

TV Guide Magazine Cover Story

Jack's (Finally) Back!

* Nov 11, 2008, 04:11 AM ET
* by David Hochman

Kiefer Sutherland
A long time ago, in a prime-time lineup far, far away, Jack Bauer kissed his sleeping beauty Audrey good-bye, flung his gun off a cliff and left millions of fans speculating about his future plans. Little did we know a writers' strike, presidential politics and the World Series would conspire to keep us guessing Jack's fate for another year and a half. After way too many delays, 24's looong-awaited Season 7 arrives January 11 on Fox, but there's relief coming in the form of 24: Redemption, an exotic two-hour prequel movie that puts Jack back where we like him: on the clock and under the gun.

"With the prequel it's like we're saying, 'Hey, remember us?'" says Kiefer Sutherland, adding he's as anxious as anyone for the new season to start. "You want to make sure the interest is still there. So we thought we'd offer a little taste—an appetizer—before the big feast to come."

An odd metaphor considering we've never actually seen Jack eat (even sipping a glass of water would slow the action too much, producers say), but we'll take it and one-up it. The prequel's a veritable pupu platter of 24 goodness: ruthless villains, high-level double-crossings, explosions galore and, of course, one jaw-clenching, adrenaline-throttled hero at the center making sense of it all in real time.

But Redemption is 24 with a difference. After years in the Los Angeles sunshine, this one's shot on location in South Africa, where JB has arrived after a globe-trotting journey of self-discovery. At least that's how Sutherland sees it. Over a long conversation recently at the actor's favorite Thai place in an L.A. strip mall, Sutherland says he's so deeply invested in his character, he keeps a handwritten journal of Jack's thoughts.

"Before each season, I write a character book to get my head in sync with Jack's and create a backstory," he says. "This year, I wrote that Jack would have to disappear from the Western world and go back where he started in Season 1—dealing with the Eastern bloc. He knows people there and could hide out before working his way from Kazakhstan, through the Middle East, across India and then down into Africa to meet his old friend Carl. That's where the prequel—and trouble—begins."

Carl Benton (Robert Carlyle) is Jack's buddy whose efforts to educate poor African children as a missionary are overthrown by a baddie warlord (Tony Todd) who drafts kids into his militia. Next thing you know, there's a bloody coup under way. If this sounds like an invitation for Jack to get off the backpacker circuit and return to saving the world, you're right. "During one of the scenes, I playfully slapped Kiefer on the arm and the whole set went, 'No! You never touch Jack Bauer when he's working,'" says Carlyle, an actor best known for "The Full Monty" and a good friend of Sutherland. Says Kiefer, "I was so eager for Bobby to play this role, I called him and said, 'I'll give you whatever you want. I'll wash your car for a year. I'll babysit the kids.' He said, 'Actually, I'll do it if you don't babysit the kids.'"

Back in Washington, meanwhile, the winds of change are a-blowin'. Three years have passed since the end of Season 6 and it's Inauguration Day for the first female commander in chief, Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones). The drama unfolding in Africa is about to become priority one the minute Madame President is sworn in. "In plays, the stakes are often high with one or two characters," says Jones, a two-time Tony Award winner. "But on 24, every single moment in every scene with every character is a high-stakes moment. It's very cool."

What's also cool is seeing Jack in a completely new setting. The prequel was shot earlier this year in South Africa, a lush backdrop far from the blinking screens of CTU. "Especially since Season 6 ended with Jack in kind of a downer mode, we wanted to breathe fresh air into the show," says coexecutive producer Howard Gordon. "L.A. was feeling tired, and making Jack a stranger in a strange land lets us reenergize the world of 24."

For more on 24, pick up the new issue of TV Guide, on sale now.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: TVGuide cover and pics   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 pm

24 TV Movie Sarahswebsite005fr8.th
24 TV Movie Sarahswebsiteld7.th
24 TV Movie Sarahswebsite002xw2.th24 TV Movie Sarahswebsite001le5.th
24 TV Movie Sarahswebsite004ah7.th24 TV Movie Sarahswebsite003ja4.th
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:17 am

Helicopter Attack

more to come
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0nJ-4VwmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EGPqUmEj8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Next Sunday night 24 will be back on TV. With the two hours movie.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Source
Quote :
Sunday, November 16, 2008

24: Redemption
I just wanted to remind you all of the "24" movie that's coming on next Sunday, at 8 on Fox. What a friend had just told me, and that sounds so cool, is that there is an ongoing EBay auction to win two tickets to the world premiere of "24: Redemption" (that's the movie) in New York City on Wednesday night. But that's not all. Before the movie, the auction winners (10 in all) will get a 30 minute meet-and-greet with Jack Bauer himself, Kiefer Sutherland. You know how big a "24" nut I am. This gets me ecstatic. I probably won't go, because the auctions will likely end at thousands of dollars, but I'm hoping that this is the one situation where the global credit crisis will do some good and not a lot of people would bid. However, I shouldn't wish that, as all the auction proceeds are going to fight malaria.

Well, if I am not able to go to NYC to meet Kiefer Sutherland, I will sit down in front of my TV next Sunday to watch "24: Redemption". What a gut-wrenching wait it has been. How long has it been, 15 months with no "24"? But fortunately, the long wait is almost over. After the movie, there will be a new season in January. Until then, here is the trailer for "24: Redemption".
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Link to more of the story

Quote :
By Jane Clifford
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

November 17, 2008

Over the summer, Kiefer Sutherland told a “24” fan in withdrawal, “Don't worry, we're going to make it up to you.”

ROBERT CARLYLE / Fox
Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) battles through an international crisis in the two-hour prequel "24: Redemption."
He wasn't kidding.

Jack is back.

Sutherland, star and executive producer of the Fox series, is at his best in “24: Redemption,” airing Sunday night on Fox. The special is a walk-up to the new season, which begins, as it has in years past, with back-to-back two-hour episodes on Jan. 11 and 12 at 8 p.m., before reoccupying its Monday night throne.

“Redemption” is the perfect antidote for long-suffering viewers used to waiting eight months between seasons. However, it has been 18 months since Day 6 ended. Much more time has passed for Jack Bauer, roughly four years spent living under the radar at an orphanage in Africa run by his retired Special Forces pal Carl Benton (Robert Carlyle).
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Link back to the site got this form.

Quote :
Jack's back with special 24 episode

16 hours ago

Watch out wannabe terrorists and bad guys, Jack Bauer is back.

Kiefer Sutherland has been giving away some of the secrets fans can expect from 24: Redemption, the show's two-hour special which airs on Sky next week.

Speaking at a party in Beverly Hills celebrating the award-winning show's return, the actor revealed just what Jack's doing in Africa for the one-off. "As we pick him up and he's now starting to work with a friend of his, played by Robert Carlyle, and they're basically rescuing children that have been used in the wars in Africa as soldiers."

But don't think that means the action-hero's gone all cuddly. "He's actually in a very productive place but as usual his world starts to fall apart."

Kiefer explained how he'd wanted to work with the Trainspotting star for some time.

"Robbie is one of my favourite people on the planet," he said.

"I was fortunate enough to work with him on a film about eight years ago and we've remained very good friends since," he added.

Kiefer admits he wasn't too familiar with the issue of child soldiers prior to shooting.

"I wasn't too well versed in it. I certainly knew that children were being used in a lot of wars in Africa, but it's really around the world. I wasn't aware of the numbers," he said.

24: Redemption airs on Monday 24 November at 10pm on Sky1.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Link back to a forum I got this form
Quote :
Bauer is back! 24: REDEMPTION and new series update
Media |

Bauer 24 Redemption

Welcome back the all-America action hero that is Jack Bauer. Next week on Sky 1 (on November 24th no less!) a special two-hour prequel movie that bridges the gap between Days 6 and 7 of 24 returns to the screen.

In 24: REDEMPTION we catch up with Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on the African continent where he has sought solace in missionary work. He soon finds himself in the midst of a bloody uprising in the fictitious African nation of Sangala where a ruthless dictator is drafting innocent children to serve as soldiers in his army. As the vicious Colonel Dubaku (Hakeem Kae-Kazim) descends on an orphanage in search of recruits, Jack enters into a one-man crusade at the behest of his friend Carl Benton (Robert Carlyle) to rescue the children and get them to safety.

Check out the new trailer and the behind-the-scene photographs to 24: REDEMPTION on the Sky 1 website. It all looks really exciting and I for one cannot wait for some Bauer action! As for the regular television series, read this full extract on what to expect in Day 7. WARNING: contains spoilers!

24 Day 7

It seems like it’s been about five years since we last caught up with 24’s Jack Bauer. When last we saw him, he was staring off into the distance at the very edge of a cliff… and has remained doing so since last winter’s writers strike delayed the start of 24’s Day Seven by a year.

However, fans of 24 will get a glimpse into the life of Jack Bauer this fall when FOX airs the two-hour 24 prequel telefilm, 24: Exile, which follows Jack in Africa as he takes on the ripped-from-the-headlines issue of child soldiers.

Fans at the 24 panel at Comic-Con were treated not only to 24: Exile’s trailer–which features lots of familiar faces including Kiefer Sutherland, Peter MacNicol, and Powers Boothe, but also first female president Cherry Jones, Jon Voight, Robert Carlisle, and Gil Bellows–but also to a look at a full scene from the prequel movie, in which Jack shepherds a group of African children to the US embassy but finds himself caught in a full-blown gunfight on a crowded street. In addition to the gunfire, it’s also a deeply emotional scene, in which Jack is forced to tell a sobbing African child that his beloved teacher, Mr. Benton, sacrificed himself in order to ensure their safety.

Kiefer Sutherland and Carlos Bernard, who returns as presumed dead Tony Almeida for Day Seven, were on hand, along with executive producers Jon Cassar, Howard Gordon, David Fury, Manny Coto, and new writing staff additions Brandon Braga and Carlos Coto. Gordon explained that the “genesis” of 24: Exile originally came about when they were exploring doing some webisodes or mobisodes for 24 and he and Sutherland began riffing about an African storyline that had been discarded from a previous season; those discussions ended up informing what would become 24: Exile. “It turned out to be a very good idea,” said Gordon. “Day Six ended with Jack at the edge of the cliff, a very existential moment… but an emotional bridge was missing [from the season finale].”

Cassar said that the studio originally intended to shoot for three days in South Africa and then shoot the rest of the two-hour Exile in Simi Valley, California, which would have been a “hard cheat.” FOX ended up telling them to shoot the entire thing in South Africa, which was “tough,” as they had to get a new crew and new actors, but Cassar admitted that the process was “pretty exciting… being there gave it a whole new feeling.”

For Sutherland, 24: Exile was definitely exciting. “It was arguably one of the best scripts we’ve ever had,” said Sutherland. “We weren’t racing against some clock to get it to air.”

As for the issue of the strike, Manny Coto said that it was a mixed blessing but it “allowed us the freedom and creativity to make the season even deeper.”

As for the depth of Day Seven, we do know that it involves the first female president of the United States, who will be played by celebrated Broadway actress Cherry Jones, and the return of fan favourite character Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard).

For his part, Bernard says he jumped at the opportunity to work with the 24 again, due to the “amazing mixture of talented people who make this show” and said he had the “funniest year yet working on the show.”

So what does it mean that Tony has seemingly returned from the dead? Gordon joked that it “very well could be a measure of our desperation that he’s back,” and noted that on paper at least Tony had been killed four times over the series’ run. Producers David Fury and Manny Coto, however, refused to accept Tony’s final death (which seemed to be sticking), saying that they didn’t believe that Tony was dead; even Gordon admitted that he didn’t love the way that Tony had died.

For Sutherland, Tony’s death was a reminder that none of the characters is safe. “The most difficult thing during the run of the show,” said Sutherland, “is working with talented actors who leave the show. Everything has to service the story. When Howard Gordon brought up that Tony was coming back again, I asked, ‘How?’”

The secret behind Tony’s return will be a major component of Day Seven. Sutherland says the method by which he’s returned to the series is “so clever” and “very 24.” The back-story will be a function of how Tony didn’t actually die and what was done behind people’s backs in order to secretly keep him alive and fake his death. “I think the writers did an amazing job,” said Sutherland.

As for what to expect from Day Seven, launching in January, Sutherland joked that Tony will die. But more honestly, Sutherland said, “We’re not trying to reinvent the show… [But] make it better, tighter, and smarter and that’s hopefully what you’ll see in the seventh season.”

As for Jack, “he’s trying to be better,” said Sutherland. New cast additions include Cherry Jones, Jon Voight, Annie Wersching (who will play Jack’s new partner, a tough-as-nails FBI agent who could be perceived as a “female Jack Bauer”), Rhys Coiro, and Janeane Garofalo.

Audiences will see Jack Bauer have to answer for the torture he’s inflicted on several characters throughout the series’ run. David Fury says that they are never “endorsing torture” but are showing that Jack’s use of torture will have consequences. “It’s kind of necessary for people to get hurt,” said Fury about the series.

What we won’t be seeing in Day Seven, however, is Jack pausing to grab a cup of coffee, use the toilet, or grab a sandwich. In fact, Sutherland and Gordon revealed that they had shot a scene in a previous season in which Jack was seen coming out of the restroom before a raid and the network cut the scene. “Whenever they cut to the White House,” joked Sutherland, “Jack is in the bathroom. And not only is he peeing, he’s having a drink and getting something to eat.”

As for favourite episodes, Sutherland diplomatically says that he’s “optimistic about that future” and therefore they haven’t made his favourite yet but that 24: Exile is “certainly up there.” He’s also extremely proud of episodes 8-11 of Day Seven. (His coolest moment on the series to date, however was when he “chopped off that guy’s head off in Season Two.”)

Bernard seconded the notion, saying that his favourite was definitely from Day Seven. As for Tony being evil, Bernard said that the transformation for Tony from hero to villain is “very organic from where his story has gone since the beginning.” Sutherland says that the first scene he shot with Bernard this season, “I got to shoot at him and tackle him. I loved it.”

So what’s going on with those rumours of a 24 feature film? Gordon says that the basic consensus is that “while the series is on the air, I don’t want to mess with a good thing,” but that a 24 feature will happen when the series wraps.

It all sounds great. Still no news on the exact date when Day 7 returns to the British screen but it is being shown in America from January 11th 2009. Hopefully, Sky 1 will be showing the new series not far behind so we can experience Jack Bauer’s new stressful day.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Link back to site

Quote :
COMMENTARY
By Craig Berman
msnbc.com contributor
updated 4:12 p.m. PT, Mon., Nov. 17, 2008

After a one-year hiatus that featured a writer's strike and Kiefer Sutherland's real-life trip to jail, "24" is poised to return for a seventh season of Sutherland's Jack Bauer fighting for freedom in his own cringe-inducing way. The episodes start in January, as usual, but this year the producers are offering an extra helping of Bauer power: a two-hour movie prequel that airs Nov. 23 on Fox.

While it's a safe bet that the season will feature another day of Bauer trying to save the United States from both external threats and shady domestic officials, he spends the two hours depicted in "24: Redemption" in Africa.

Instead of worrying about terrorists with weapons of mass destruction attacking Los Angeles or wondering if anyone besides the ever-faithful Chloe isn't secretly working for the other side while cashing paychecks from CTU, Bauer is a world away, dealing with new characters and an entirely different set of problems. The new enemy is a rebel army in Africa, and the people who need his protection are innocent schoolchildren trying to stay safe amidst the chaos.
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:33 pm

Quote :

PEARSON: Two hours provide link from last to next '24'
By Mike Pearson, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
Published November 19, 2008 at 6 p.m.
Updated November 19, 2008 at 8:23 p.m.
Text size

While he hides out from congressional investigators, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) forms a bond with the children at an African orphanage in a prequel to the new season of 24. Also pictured is Siyabuela Ramba.

Photo by Kelsey Mcneal / Fox

Kelsey Mcneal / Fox

While he hides out from congressional investigators, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) forms a bond with the children at an African orphanage in a prequel to the new season of 24. Also pictured is Siyabuela Ramba.
More Television

24: Redemption

* When and where: 7 p.m. Sunday, Fox 31

When last we saw Jack Bauer, he was facing an uncertain future, having been assailed by good guys and bad guys and seemingly everyone but his own conscience.

When Season 7 launches in January, Jack will be facing interrogation by a hostile Senate panel investigating the government's use of torture.

So what did Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) do on his hiatus? As you might imagine, he kicked some butt.

24: Redemption, airing Sunday night, is a two-hour movie designed to bridge the time between the last original airing of 24 and the start of Season 7. It takes place a year after the events of Season 6.

Redemption finds Jack in the fictional African country of Sangala, where he is hiding out from that congressional subpoena at a school for boys run by his old friend Carl Benton (Robert Carlyle).

Across the border, a rogue warlord is kidnapping children for his army. He plans to attack the capital soon, and he sets his sights for new recruits on Benton's school.

Of course, Jack isn't about to let that happen. He takes on the ruthless warlord while trying to get the 14 orphan boys in his charge to safety at the U.S. embassy, which is being evacuated. He's a stranger in a strange land, but still deadly when tortured and backed into a corner.

Meanwhile, halfway across the globe, a new U.S. president is about to be inaugurated. President-elect Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones) is miffed that she's been kept out of the loop about the crisis in Africa. Her predecessor (Powers Boothe) seems not to care that she will inherit this problem.

There's also something afoot with the first son (Eric Lively), whose best bud is caught up in some sort of financial scandal and leaves a computer trail leading to the White House.

And there's a new villain in town, Jon Voight as political operative Jonas Hodges, who will do anything - and eliminate anyone - to cover his tracks.

Redemption covers a two-hour period from 3-5 p.m. As always, the show is done in "real time," which means while minutes tick away for Jack in the African bush, the same minutes are ticking away in Washington.

Fans of the series may not forgive the Hollywood writer's strike for delaying the show (the last original episode aired May 21, 2007), or Fox for punting the program for nearly two years, despite having fresh episodes in the can last spring.

But Redemption delivers the action and angst we've come to expect from the series, with Sutherland in fine form as a spy on the run. And kudos to the producers for casting Tony Award-winner Jones as the new president. She's feisty and amiable by turns. Long may she reign.

If there's a downside to Redemption, it's that the producers hint at what's to come without giving us enough of a hook. Exactly who is Voight's character and why would someone in the president's inner circle be plotting the possible death of her son?

And, really, would any outgoing president hand his successor a crisis without at least trying to explain his actions? (Note to fans: There's an extensive preview of Season 7 at the end of the movie.)

Quibbles? Perhaps. Fans of 24 have come to expect the occasional loose end, knowing that eventually things will sort themselves out.

Redemption may not be the definitive Jack Bauer escapade, but it should tide fans over until the season proper begins in January.
site link
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:34 pm

Quote :
24: Redemption , 8-10 p.m., Fox)

By Barry Garron

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In nearly every respect, the TV movie "24: Redemption" makes perfect sense, a brilliant idea that will extend the life of an important franchise even as it pumps new vigor into the Fox series.

As anyone remotely familiar with this fast-paced, well-plotted, smartly cast series knows, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) is practically invincible. Thus far, the only peril he has not been able to surmount was the Hollywood writers strike, which blew the 2008 season out of the primetime water. Instead, a new season will begin in January with a reluctant Bauer being called to account for his tough actions before a legislative committee in Washington.

But how did he get there? What will he tell them? Who even knew he owned a suit and tie? For answers to those questions, executive producer Howard Gordon penned a two-hour movie, "24: Redemption," which serves as a bridge between seasons as well as a reminder that "24" still is the place to go for emotional thrills and heartpounding peril.

Just as "24" takes place during a 24-hour period (assuming your watch is powered by springs and maybe a rubber band or two), the movie occurs during two hours. Jack finds himself in a fictional African country facing a real problem -- a leader forcibly conscripting children into a rebel army. As the figurative noose tightens, it's up to Jack to save a small school of refugee kids.

Meanwhile, on a larger international stage, creepy villain Mr. Hodges (Jon Voight) and his evil henchmen, including some in high places, are discreetly arming the rebel leader to continue the genocide taking place in the region.

The location is tropical, the theme is topical and the action is atypical. Jack has to work without just about all the high-tech devices that have helped him crush the terrorists and psychopaths in previous seasons.

Still, one question keeps nagging. If a burning hot machete applied to the side of his face won't make Jack tell where the African kids are hiding, how in the world did the legislative committee compel him to testify when he was similarly opposed to talking? Is torture by hot air more effective than torture by hot metal?

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Site link
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Link to a site that hase more about 24:Redemption
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:37 pm

Quote :
Preview Of '24: Redemption'
Movie Acts As Prequel to Season 7
Last Edited: Wednesday, 19 Nov 2008, 12:51 PM EST
Created: Wednesday, 19 Nov 2008, 12:51 PM EST
'24: Redemption' airs on Nov. 23 at 8/7c on FOX (Photo credit: FOX)
SideBar

Related Items
Stories
'24: Redemption': Behind The Scenes
'24: Redemption': Photo Gallery
By ANTHONY BARTKEWICZ
MyFoxNational

After a year on hiatus, Jack is back. A two-hour prequel to Season 7 called "24: Redemption" premieres on Nov. 23 at 8/7c on FOX. But the show kicks off far away from CTU and anything remotely familiar to the show's fans.

When we last left "24," hero Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) was staring out to the ocean, pondering his future. After everything he had been through in Season 6 -- lockup in a Chinese prison, torture at the hands of terrorist Abu Fayed, getting captured by Russians -- who could blame him for hoping for some peace and quiet?

His search for sanctuary leads him to the fictional African nation of Sangala, but while he's there, he's called on to play hero again (see photos from the show).

"Because Season 7 has a huge Africa storyline, it only made sense that Jack really starts the year in Africa," Executive Producer/Director Jon Cassar explains.

In "Redemption," a military coup erupts in Sangala and rebel leader Colonel Ike Dubaku (Hakeem Kae-Kazim) drafts innocent children for his army from a school run by Jack's friend Carl Benton (Robert Carlyle). At his friend's behest, Jack enters a one-man crusade to rescue the children and bring them to safety.

"Redemption" also sets up Season 7's change from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C. and continues its alternate-reality presidential politics. "24" has already featured an African-American president, well in advance of this year's election. The new season takes place on inauguration day for the first female president Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones).

Taylor is immediately faced with the decision of whether or not to intervene in the bloody Sangala uprising with military force -- an international-scale version of the dilemma that Jack has faced throughout the series.

"One of the things you've seen over the last 7 years with Jack Bauer has been the terrible decision that he's had to make: Is it worth losing these 10 lives to save the hundred lives over here?" Sutherland says. "There's very few people in our world who have to make those horrible choices."

Series newcomer Cherry Jones, who plays President Taylor, calls her character "an incredibly decisive woman, and she moves and thinks quickly."

"It's '24,' so every time the door opens or the phone rings it just gets worse and worse. I really respect this woman a great deal, which is fun." Jones laughs as she adds a possible teaser for Season 7: "Maybe six episodes along I won't respect her so much, but right now things are good."

Joining Sutherland for the new season are new characters played by Jon Voight (Jonas Hodges), Janeane Garofalo (Janis Gold) and Gil Bellows (Frank Tramell), and familiar ones played by Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida), Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe O'Brian) and James Morrison (Bill Buchanan).

After the Nov. 23 prequel, Season 7 will pick up on Jan. 11-12 at 8/7c.

Check out the video player below to watch the "Redemption" trailer, a music video by Rocco Deluca and the Burden, and interviews with the cast and crew about the storyline.
Linke back to site
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLMAxAWq_YQ&eurl=http://kieferbenny.blogspot.com/2008/11/24-tv-clip-exclusive-clip-jack-under.html
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: 24: Redemption' Hit New York for Premiere   24 TV Movie Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Source
Quote :

'24: Redemption' Hit New York for Premiere
November 20, 2008 07:18:02 GMT

Kiefer Sutherland, Jon Voight, Cherry Jones and others posed for the camera in anticipation of the release of 2-hour movie '24: Redemption'.
Kiefer Sutherland, Jon Voight, Cherry Jones, Gil Bellows, Tony Todd, Robert Carlyle
See larger image
© Sylvain Gaboury/PR Photos

Taking the stroll on the red carpet rolled down in front of New York City's AMC Theaters Empire was Keifer Sutherland who was there to promote his TV movie "24: Redemption". Kiefer, was joined at the November 19 event by the movie's other cast such as Cherry Jones, Jon Voight, and Robert Carlyle among others.

"24: Redemption" is a two-hour movie that will hit the small screen on Sunday, November 23 via FOX. It was created based on the popular series "24" in anticipation of the long break between "24" sixth to seventh season, that was caused by the writer's strike. It serves as a prequel that correlates between seasons six and seven, set in Southern Africa where Jack finds himself caught up in a military coup.

"We're very excited about the work we've been able to do here and we're getting to a place now where we can't wait for people to see it," Sutherland, who plays Jack Bauer, said while shooting in South Africa.

The seventh season of "24" itself will be premiered on January 11, with the story taking set back in Washington, D.C., several days after the events in the TV movie. A trailer for the series has been released, and can be viewed on AceShowbiz's video page..

PHOTO GALLERY: New York Premiere of "24: Redemption"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

24 TV Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 TV Movie   24 TV Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24 TV Movie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next