Wrestling Meets CTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Meets CTU

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

24 Returning to fox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2008-01-06

24 Returning to fox Empty
PostSubject: 24 Returning to fox   24 Returning to fox Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Quote :
'24' Returning To Fox With Kiefer Sutherland On Board
The Huffington Post | By Alex Moaba Posted: 05/13/2013 9:09 am EDT | Updated: 05/14/2013 12:11 pm EDT

'24' Returning To Fox With Kiefer Sutherland On Board

"24" is officially returning to Fox after Kiefer Sutherland signed on for the rebooted project, Deadline was the first to report Monday.

Sutherland is set to reprise his starring role as Jack Bauer, which he played for eight seasons from 2001-2010. Fox just canceled Sutherland's drama "Touch," which ran for two seasons, making way for a "24" return.

The revived series will have a new title, Fox announced Monday: "24: Live Another Day."

According to Deadline, the new season was "Homeland" showrunner and "24" executive producer Howard Gordon's idea.

Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly confirmed the "24" return on a press call Monday morning. "'24' compressed over twelve weeks. Jack is back," Reilly said.

"They always had this idea of someday doing a feature film. I think they all agreed that '24' compressed into two hours is not '24.' ... What they'll be able to do is go in chronological order of the day, but skip hours. Howard [Gordon] is really energized over it, and so are we," Reilly continued. "It will likely premiere in early May [of 2014.]"

Sutherland expressed his enthusiasm for the reboot in a statement from Fox. “The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before. To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint ... Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon.”

Howard Gordon added: “Jack Bauer has always been an exciting, thrilling character, and I confess that I’ve missed him. I think the audience has too. The character has evolved through the years, and this new and exciting event series format is perfect to tell the next chapter of his story and continue to reflect how the world is changing. Fans can rest assured that the Jack they know and love will be back.”

CORRECTION: A prior version of this post incorrectly referred to Jack Bauer as a "CIA superagent." The character was actually a member of the fictional Counter Terrorist Unit, or CTU.
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com

I will post more about 24: Live Another Day. 24 returning to fox when more inform come out about it.
Back to top Go down
https://wrestling-meets-ctu.forummotion.com
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: 24 Returning to fox   24 Returning to fox Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 2:27 pm

'24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos including punked-out Chloe -- EXCLUSIVE
By Lynette Rice on Mar 6, 2014 at 7:13PM

24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-03
Michael Wincott (Alien: Resurrection) is Adrian Cross, a high-profile hacker who works with Chloe
24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-05
Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) as Kate Morgan, a brilliant but impulsive CIA field operative in London

24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-06
Gbenga Akinnagbe (The Wire) as Erik Ritter, a sharp, strong and arrogant field operative
24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-07
Tate Donovan (Damages) as White House Chief of Staff Mark Boudreau
24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-08
Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order) as Steve Navarro, the head of CIA operations tracking Jack Bauer in London
24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-09
William Devane (Revenge) as President James Heller
24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-10
Kim Raver (Grey’s Anatomy) as Audrey Boudreau
24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-11
Kiefer Sutherland (from, you know, 24!) as Jack Bauer

24 Returning to fox 24-EW-Exclusive-02
Mary Lynn Rajskub (see above credit) as a very punked-out Chloe O’Bri

For more go here:insidetv.ew.com
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: 24 Returning to fox   24 Returning to fox Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Quote :
Kiefer Sutherland in “24: Live Another Day” series trailer, poster (video)

March 26, 2014 - 16:38 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - A brand-new trailer and poster for Fox's 12-episode revival 24: Live Another Day hit the web and Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) is on the run, The Hollywood Reporter reveals.

In the fast-moving 60-second promo, it's established that Jack has been off the grid for the past four years. "He didn't do that by being careless," CIA agent Kate Morgan (Yvonne Strahovski) says. (The trailer also offers a glimpse at Benjamin Bratt's Steve Navarro, head of CIA operations in London.) He's more unpredictable than ever, meaning he's far more dangerous than before.

When President Heller's chief of staff Mark Boudreau (Tate Donovan) catches wind that Jack is back on the grid, he's more than unhappy: "After all these years, he surfaces in London? We have to consider that he's here to do the president harm." But Jack, reunited with a punked-out Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub), has other plans, warning that an assassination attempt on the president on foreign soil will ignite a world war.

Chloe offers some sage advice: "If you stop the attacks, all will be forgiven." Jack's response? "No going back for me."

Jack and Co. begin to unearth what's really going on -- "They're planning a full-scale attack," he warns -- but will it be too late? Watch the new trailer below, The Hollywood Reporter said.

Source: www.panarmenian.net

Quote :
Kiefer Sutherland Admits He Was "Petrified" About Shooting New Season of 24
Jack Bauer is back in the fast-paced series...

16:37, Wednesday, 26 March 2014

“I answered that in minutes and then spent the next 6 months petrified,” he said of 24 producer Howard Gordon’s plea for him to come back for a new season. Although the actor said "yes" immediately, he was, he admits, "nervous. I was very proud of everything we accomplished in 8 years but there’s something very satisfying about saying OK, it’s done.”

When he heard Gordon’s pitch however, he knew immediately he wanted to come back to the television show that he “enjoyed immensely”. Despite that, Kiefer confessed: ”The fear of not having it fulfill all of its potential is massive.”

24 Returning to fox Wenn21169256

No doubt the high-octane drama will be back on form, if Sutherland’s injury count is anything to go by. “I’ve never gone through an entire season of 24 without getting hurt,” he admitted.

“So I’ll make the joke about the age difference and the bones being a little more brittle but the reality is if you do this long enough you’re gonna bang a knee,” the actor explained. “I’ve fractured a kneecap, I’ve broken a few different bones, I think I’ve gotten about 27 odd stitches over the year. Stuff happens. And this year is no exception.”

Source: www.mtv.co.uk

Last edited by kane on Fri May 21, 2021 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: 24 Returning to fox   24 Returning to fox Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Quote :
Kiefer Sutherland Q&A: ’24′ Star Talks Living with Jack Bauer, 12 vs. 24 and Binge Viewing

May 3, 2014 | 11:34AM PT

Kiefer Sutherland didn’t hesitate at the chance to get back in the skin of Jack Bauer when the opportunity arose to revisit “24” in limited-series form — a ride that begins May 5 with a two-hour premiere. In a candid Q&A, the actor routinely described by colleagues as “gentlemanly” and “gracious” discusses what it’s like to be synonymous with a character, the luxury of producing 12 episodes instead of 24 and his introduction to binge viewing with “Game of Thrones.”

TV PILOTS/DEVELOPMENT SCORECARD: Follow the action during upfront season

Variety: How was it for you to get back into “24” mode as an actor.

Kiefer Sutherland: Probably for me it was the easiest out of anyone involved in the process of making the show — which has now become an international process. I think it’s hardest for (exec producers) Howard (Gordon), Manny (Coto) and Evan (Katz), and the rest of the writers. This (revival) was something Howard did on his own. It was something he’s been toying with in his head for quite some time. When he felt he really had something he wanted to do, that’s when he called me.

Were you nervous at all about being able to live up to the show’s legacy?

Sutherland: For me the character is something I did for eight seasons over a period of almost 10 years. It’s something that I feel so familiar with that it was not difficult for me at all. I rely very heavily on (director) Jon Cassar. If anything I’m doing seems out of the ordinary, he will tell me. It’s not that I wasn’t nervous about it after looking back on everything we did. But the character is something innate in me just because of the amount of time I played him.

SEE ALSO: Kiefer Sutherland’s Next Mission: Bring Audiences Back to ’24′ (VIDEO)

Have you felt typecast in action roles because you are now synonymous with Jack Bauer?

Sutherland: No, I’ve been allowed to do other work, that’s not been a problem. I am proud of what we did (on ‘24’). It’s not something I tried to escape. I take it as a compliment that people think of me as Jack Bauer.

But have you ever felt a little haunted by him?

Sutherland: I think for some actors, they would have a hard time with it. I still have people come up to me and call me Jack. I find it amusing. I know that would bother some other people, but it doesn’t bother me. ‘24’ is such a big part of my life. When I started on it my daughter was 12. When I finally finished, she had graduated from university. It’s been a huge part of my life and my family’s life. It’s something I feel really positively about.

So when you got the call to do “Live Another Day,” you didn’t hesitate?

Sutherland. I was quite thrilled to have the opportunity to do it again. We’ve had a long break and we all had renewed energy to do it.

What was it like filming in London?

Sutherland: Fantastic. Everything is so unique and it’s new for all of us to be there. It’s also new for all of the characters. My character finds himself more comfortable in the situation and the resources he finds in London. It’s been good for the writers to have new context for the show.

From the start “24” was eerily ahead of its time in its depiction of geopolitical security issues — everything from 9/11 to drones to cyber-threats. It was also a forerunner for the TV biz in being a show that invited binge-viewing.

Sutherland: It was a courageous choice by Fox to stick with us and put us out on DVD (after the first season). I don’t think they intended to drive binge-viewing, I think they hoped people would use the DVDs if they’d missed an episode. I don’t think they imagined that the (DVDs) would do the numbers that they did, or that people would take two or three solid days to watch the season. … I did it with ‘Game of Thrones’ when I worked with Kit Harington on ‘Pompeii.’ I had a lot of downtime for a few days and I watched them all — I enjoyed it immensely.

What’s it like doing the show in 12 hours this time around instead of 24?

Sutherland: It’s a two-fold thing. For the writers, to be very candid with you, if we ever ran into a hiccup in the season it was usually around episode 13 or 14 when we had to make that shift to get to the last eight episodes. That was always the rough spot for us. We don’t have that situation now. The story can be more condensed, more focused and each episode more energized. The writers are given a lot of latitude that they never had before. For Jon and I, it was really funny — after the first couple of episodes I told him ‘This is almost done.’ And he went, ‘No, no, it’s not.’ And I went ‘Trust me, it’s almost done.’

It’s more of a cable schedule. Did that change affect your performance?

Sutherland: We were so trained in the past that we wouldn’t even start counting where we were until after episode 13 or 14. Now, when we finished episodes seven and eight, (Cassar) looked at me and said ‘Oh my god, we’re almost done.’ Somehow it’s been easier to focus when we could really see the light at the end of the tunnel from the get-go. We were really acutely aware of everything that was happening from scene to scene. … It also made us try to figure out how on earth we did eight full seasons of 24 episodes. Everything else I’m watching are shows that make 10-13 episodes a year. I remember when friends of mine on other shows would talk about their schedule, I would say ‘You’re not allowed to talk to me about that.’ It has made me have even more profound respect for Howard and the writers who just did such a prolific amount of work and did such an amazing job with it.

How has it been to reunite with your longtime costars such as Mary Lynn Rajskub and Kim Raver?

Sutherland: It’s fantastic and it’s emotional because we’re friends. We’ve all remained friends. There’s a real excitement because I have great faith in those actors, great trust and a sense of understanding of what they’re going to do with certain things. There’s a familiarity that allows us to move quicker with ideas and situations. For all those reasons it’s really exciting.

Would you be game to do “24” again in this limited-series format?

Sutherland: There’s so many factors. Right now we’re specifically focused on trying to make these 12 episodes live up to the audience’s expectations. That’s what I’m really focused on. I’ve had a wonderful time doing this, but I’m not in a place to answer that question.

Source:  http://variety.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24 Returning to fox   24 Returning to fox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24 Returning to fox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Meets CTU :: 24 :: 24 chat-
Jump to: