Wrestling Meets CTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Meets CTU

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2008-01-06

24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010 Empty
PostSubject: 24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010   24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Quote :
'
24' Recap: Hell yeah, Chloe!

24: Day 8, 4am – 5am

Welcome back, Bauerites. I won't waste any time with pre-blog pleasantries. Let's jump right in.

As great as I believed last week was, this week's show delivered yet another adrenaline-soaked, action-packed sixty minutes. Just when I thought I had things figured out, the plot twisted, turned, and finally spun around completely.

I'm glad I had my head on a swivel for the entire hour, because by the time I realized Chloe was "packing heat," I could have sworn I sprained something. Normally, my "hell yeahs!" are reserved for guys named "Jack" on the show, but by my count, Chloe tallied three of those. (She actually got two when the CTU computers came back to life.) Now, by a show of hands, who among you actually believed she would be sarcastic with the NSA guy? It's unanimous right? We know she's a master, but who among us thought she would pull a pistol on the guy? It was both well-played and completely appropriate.

(Insert "Hell Yeah, Chloe!" here)

By the way, a tell-tale sign you are watching a fantastic episode is when unnamed Bauerites post the patented "I did NOT see THAT coming!" line on your Facebook wall. I agree. I think things have ramped up consistently in the last few episodes, and for all my impatience, we now know and love (or hate) these characters well.

Last week, many of you pointed out actor Stephen Root as the pesky probation officer. Some also noted Root as the guy who played "Milton Waddams" in one of my favorite movies, "Office Space." However, this probation officer has been downright irritating and pushed me to the limit snooping at CTU. Right when I reached that limit, leave it to good ol' Dana Walsh to clean up the mess with another murder. Thanks Dana, not only did you "off" this annoying character, but you're working for the terrorists? Cool! That was a fantastic moment in the show because now we can truly hate Dana properly. It's official: she's a bad girl and she's perched atop the "hate-ables" list.

There were other memorable moments along the way including Renee's heroics as she saved Jack from the fatal head-shot, but I was saddened by Agent Owen not making it as he tried to save his fallen comrade. R.I.P to the "Jonas brother in the kevlar vest."

Summing it up, this was a really good show. I enjoyed it immensely, and I've got that familiar itch again watching the previews.

Also, as a fitting tribute to Milton Waddams, I have a red Swingline stapler on my desk, and I'm more than willing to take action if it ever turns up missing. So, if anyone gets any ideas about taking it, in the words of Jack Bauer, "watch your 6."

Loved, kinda liked, or hated the show? Let us know!

Source: Marquee.blogs.CNN
Back to top Go down
https://wrestling-meets-ctu.forummotion.com
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: 24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010   24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Quote :

March 16, 2010

Nine minutes in, five guys down on '24'

24: Day 8, 3 a.m. to 4 a.m.

Welcome back Bauerites... Where should we begin? I've got an idea. Let's start nine minutes into this latest episode of "24." As I recall, the nine minute mark is about the time five officers had already been taken down, and I said to myself, "Oh, it is SO ON tonight!"

For those keeping score, five officers down should be somewhere in the neighborhood of this entire season's tally of good guys getting offed. For time's sake, I'll be happy to confirm that stat in a future blog. Stay tuned.

Anyway, readers know I won't hesitate to wax poetic about speaking aloud to myself while watching (don't judge) and normally, that's a sign. If I'm talking to the TV, its either one of two things: either I'm hungry for something good to happen because there's some "dumb time" being taken in the show OR I'm being served a heaping helping of tense, action-packed Bauer-style drama.

Well, in this latest episode, I got a HUGE plate piled high, buffet-style. The more action I wanted, the more the show gave me, serving after serving. By the time the bill came, (read: credits rolled) I was both stuffed and exhausted. The verdict? Satisfied.

I thought this was easily the best episode of the season. As the plot twisted, bobbed and weaved its way through the hour, I was on the edge of my comfy "24 watching" seat the entire time. Even with the obvious deficiency of the "ghost of the dumb subplot past" (aka the Kevin/Dana saga), it was still a strong show.

While I won't deduct points from the show's score for the appearance of Kevin's probation officer, I won't ignore the fact that this character is an annoyance at CTU. He's also an annoyance on my TV screen. Get rid of him.

With my newfound "R.E.S.P.E.C.T" for Hastings firmly in place (sing along if you like), I was gripped for the entire show. I loved Chloe's elevation up the CTU food chain, and her subsequent order-barking just as much as I loved Jack's quick reads of how things were shaking out.

Sidebar: It's gotta be frustrating if you're a terrorist with your clear, well-developed terrorist plan, and you can't even get to steps 3 or 4 of the plan, because Jack's figured out the clear, well-developed plan as you stay stuck on step one. Sorry guys, that's just the way it is.

The show's pace went from fast to furious to frenetic a few times by my count. The kidnapping was clever, the discovery of "file 33" was a nice touch, but the delivery of the EMP to CTU via Hassan's daughter at the end was a stroke of genius. Put a check mark in the "awesome" box for the bad guys.

All in all, the streak continues. Its pretty much customary in recent weeks for us to take those patented "gasps" of air when the clock shows on screen, signaling a commercial break. We decompress, regain our wits, and strap back in for the rest of the show. That's what I felt. That's exactly what I felt, and that familiar itch I get as the previews are shown is back! I can't wait for the next episode. With CTU's defenses down, we're all set for another thrilling show again next week. Keep watching!

Loved, kinda liked or hated this week's show? Let us know.

Source: Marquee.blogs.CNN
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: 24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010   24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Quote :

Apr 28 2010 01:08 PM ET

Exclusive First Look: '24' series finale!

by Michael Ausiello
Categories: 24, First Look, Scoop

I have no clue who Jack is pointing his gun at. Nor do I know what’s inside that humongous backpack of his. But here’s what I do know: The 24 series finale airs (appropriately enough) on May 24 and this is your exclusive first look!
24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010 23_510I

Source: ausiellofiles.ew.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010   24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24 Marqtee Blog CNN.com Article's 2010
Page 1 of 1