Wrestling Meets CTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Meets CTU

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Atricles 2010

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2008-01-06

WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Quote :

Former WWE talent comes full circle with Ring of Honor
MiamiHerald.com

Can ROH grow as big as TNA or even reach WWE status? CC:
``I don't think that's fair to ask. I 100 percent don't think we can
reach WWE status. ...

For more on this interview click on the link at the top of this post.

Last edited by kane on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wrestling-meets-ctu.forummotion.com
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Quote :
Hart-McMahon saga takes new twist

Just when you thought the Hart-McMahon war was over.

This time, though, the major combatants aren’t Bret Hart and Vince McMahon.

Martha Hart, widow of WWE star Owen Hart, filed a federal lawsuit last week against the Connecticut-based company and its owners, including Republican U.S. Senate candidate Linda McMahon.

The 21-page lawsuit alleges that they used Owen’s name and likeness in dozens of commercial videos and other materials without having rights to do so, and violated a contract restricting the use of his name, likeness and wrestling footage.

Hart, at the age of 34, died on May 23, 1999, during a WWE pay-per-view when a stunt went awry. The wrestler was to be lowered from the top of the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Mo., to the ring. However, there was a malfunction on the harness he was wearing, which released early, and he fell nearly 80 feet to the ring.

The Hart family successfully sued WWE in 2000, and received an $18 million settlement.

For more inform of this article click on the link at the top of this post.

Last edited by kane on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:43 am

Quote :
WWE Superstar Ratings

WWE Superstars
on the same night did a 0.74 (0.7) rating, with 795,000 viewers. The replay did a 0.24 (0.2) with 214,000 viewers. More shortly.

Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Quote :
WWE: Why Vince McMahon Hates Christian

After arguing with some friends regarding Christian’s TNA departure and WWE return, I have given a lot of thought as to why Vince would put Christian on ECW, and not on a bigger brand with a title push.

Vince’s hate for Christian is evident. Did Christian screw himself by coming back?

As a solo wrestler, prior to his TNA departure, Christian won the Hardcore Championship, the European Championship and the Light-Heavyweight Champion once, the Interncontinental Championship three times and nine World Tag Team Championships (seven alongside Edge as Edge & Christian, one with Lance Storm and one with Chris Jericho).

Jump back to late 2004, early 2005.

Christian added the “Captain Charisma” gimmick and was in the prime of his career. He was still a full-fledged heel, but the boos weren’t as loud as they once were. Christian began his chest-slapping and kiss-callouts to his peeps in the crowd at this time, which also gave him a bigger pop. His momentum in the WWE was building.

Talent, fans and WWE officials love Christian. He’s home-grown talent—WWE since day one. As things begin to look up for Christian, so does a feud with John Cena.

At this point in time, Cena had already been groomed to be "the man," and he had started his main-event run. He was still freestyle rapping, dissing anyone who would take a shot at him and a crowd favorite. That is, until his segments with Christian.
103123505_crop_340x234 J. Meric/Getty Images

Backstage at the Royal Rumble, Christian challenged Cena to a freestyle battle. The crowd popped for Cena, but Christian received an equally-big ovation.

At Backlash, Christian does another freestyle, attacking many WWE superstars, including several heels. The crowd eats it up. His jab at Cena was classic Christian: “you talk like Snoop Dogg, but you look like Corey Haim.”

Before Captain Charisma was involved with Cena, the crowd was behind Cena 100 percent. By the time Christian was sent away from RAW to SmackDown!, it was too late, and the crowd had begun to turn on Cena.

As Christian began building steam, he was still being held down by Vince, and as a result, was sent to SmackDown!.

His SD! debut saw him receive a shot at World Heavyweight Champion Batista, to which he lost in a one-sided match. Vince dropped the “Captain Charisma” gimmick and tried to get Christian to re-adapt to the Creepy Little Bastard (CLB) nickname. Christian would eventually see the main event again, but only under CLB, and only as Chris Jericho’s sidekick. Why go out of your way to cut down a popular homegrown talent without at least cashing in on a few PPV’s?

It seems to me that the years of strong hate for John Cena may be traced back to Christian getting over at Cena’s expense for the first quarter of 2005. Vince McMahon was never able to win those fans back over for Cena. Cena was still cool, but Christian was cooler. By the time McMahon unveiled the first spinner belt, he was receiving heat from the crowd.

Only in 2008/2009 did the crowd start to warm up to Cena again—and that took a new generation of fans joining the WWE Universe. If you ask me, it would only make sense that Vince would hold Christian responsible for planting the seed that made Cena look so bad for many years.

Seeing how Cena is the focal point of the WWE, Christian literally put a dent in Cena taking off from the company. Is it impossible to believe that Christian’s rise and Cena’s fall are totally independant of each other?

Aside from Vengeance 2005, when Christian, Cena and Chris Jericho collided in a three-way (Cena pinned Christian to retain), Christian and Cena have never faced off one-on-one. Coincidence? I think not. From a storyline perspective, it made no sense to tease it for months, and then randomly pull the plug on it. Logically, Vince was worried that if the two feuded directly, Christian would turn the crowd completely against Cena.

Look at this from Vince’s perspective: he rolls the dice on Christian, after Edge introduced him, and worked on him as a singles and tag-team wrestler for seven years. Christian won numerous championships, most notably, his nine World Tag Team Championships, solidifying E&C as one of the greatest WWE tag teams ever. Suddenly, Christian’s contract is up, and being non-commital, he decides to leave and join the competition, TNA Wrestling.

In TNA Wrestling, Christian, now Christian Cage, is booked as an upper-midcarder for roughly 18 months, winning the NWA World Heavyweight Championship twice. After Cage’s contract in TNA was up, just like in WWE, he was non-commital about re-signing, and quietly went back to WWE in order to get back into the big leagues.

If you’re Vince, how can you put your trust back into Christian? Having Christian leave for the competition no doubt hurt his ego. How can you put trust—let alone a WWE championship—into his hands?

In all likelihood, Vince allowed Christian to return, but under Vince’s terms. Those terms, logically, would include working back up to the top from the bottom in order to regain trust, as well as a bit of a grudge-move for signing with the competition.

Now, to believe that Cena’s fall early in his career was the primary reason why Christian is on Vince’s bad side is foolish. There is far more than just that.

Christian is not a big guy. He has lost weight and built up some muscle since his return to WWE, but many see his lack in size as a reason why he was held back from the main event scene.

This is why Christian remains on ECW, the ‘C’ show. WWE’s view on wrestling has changed: it isn’t about giving what the fans want anymore, it's about what Vince wants and likes to see—and which star is making him money.

If you remember back to when Paul Heyman’s WWE tenure ended, Heyman and Vince were at each other because Heyman knew how to run ECW, and Vince wanted it done his way. When Paul objected that the fans wouldn’t like it, Vince replied “I’ll make them like it.” Shortly after was the miserable PPV, December to Dismember, after which Heyman quit the WWE.

Unfortunately, Christian is getting the "Vince treatment." It seems to be what Vince does to test you after you’ve burnt him.

The question remains: can Christian carry the WWE as a main eventer?

I believe he can either as a heel or babyface. Looking at WWE, all of their main guys have had great crossover appeal into the media, and if Christian can appeal to them, he might stand a chance. After all, wrestling is still a business.

While there was talk of Vince being upset about Christian’s spot in the Money in the Bank match during WrestleMania 26 (and the WWE Creative team having to fight Vince on wanting to take him out), Christian’s doghouse spot may be a thing of the past as proven by his ECW Championship win at Backlash 2009.

Source: bleacherreport.com

Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Quote :
Breaking News: Matt Hardy First Comment After Release

By: Duane Doogan(Correspondent) on October 15, 2010

The following is a press release from WWE:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Matt Hardy, effective as of October 15, 2010. WWE wishes Matt Hardy the best in his future endeavors.

Nobody is surprised, as Hardy has been talking frequently about leaving WWE and joining his brother in TNA. However, it is unknown whether or not Matt has a 90-day no compete clause. I imagine he does.

Matt has already began tweeting about the issue and had the following to say:

"Thank God! I swear, it was harder for me to get released than it was to get hired! This is absolutely what I want, now I can be me!"

"I wanna thank WWE for giving me an opportunity, and I thank all the people and friends that helped me there. But I had to move on to be happy."

"I wanna thank J.R, who hired me, Michael Hayes, who taught me so much, and Vince for letting me make a living and learn from him for 12 years."

"While some of you look at this as an ending, I promise you this is the muthaf---ing beginning for Matt Hardy. Now I can create change! Although WWE gave me so much, I honestly feel like a prisoner set free. Now I have no more strict rules, personal or creative, to be bound by."

"I want to change the business in many area, the way workers are treated and think, and how to live happily outside of the machine. I'm excited!"

I'm going to have ALOT more to say about this sometime this weekend. I plan to write an article about Hardy regarding his release and future. Stay tuned.

Source: bleacherreport.com

Last edited by kane on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Quote :
WWE Champion Randy Orton shares "Tweets" on TNA, A.J. Styles, Mr. Anderson and more
October 15th, 2010 1:34 pm ET

Reigning WWE Champion Randy Orton was busy on his Twitter account, noting that he watched TNA Impact last night for only the second time ever. Below is some of what he had to say.

"Samoa Joe can move. Miss working with Angle and Jeff. Coulda done w/o the JWoW segment tho. I enjoyed the backstage stuff for the most part anyway. Something about the realness of the conversations between some of the talent was really well done."

"Who said that I do not like TNA? I surely didn't. Never approved of the 8(six) sided ring tho. Competition is a good thing."

(Speaking about A.J, Styles)never met him. Can do some amazing things in the ring. IMO has alot to do with tna’s early success.

"The only prob I ever had with Ken (Mr. Anderson) was him telling the Internet that I used my 'pull' to get him fired. Not tru, I have no pull."

Taylor resident Alan Underwood had this to say about Orton’s Tweets.

“I agree with him, competition is usually a great thing but the crap both WWE and TNA are putting out there right now makes me not wanna watch either of them”.

I would tend to agree with Underwood a bit, neither company is lighting the world on fire. With that said, both have some intriguing storylines in my eyes. TNA’s “They” feels like N.W.O.-light but it has potential to be a good angle. In WWE’s case, the Cena/Nexus angle has been good early on and I personally love the Edge vs. stupidity stuff going on as well.

Source: examiner.com

Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:21 am

Quote :
More on Prinze, Jr/WWE, Hogan/Bischoff Land Gaming Deal
Source: Wrestlezone

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Freddie Prinze Jr's role in WWE will be that of a producer and creative director. Prinze got in touch with WWE back in August and expressed interest in working for the company again, and it's being said that although he has been re-hired, he will not be traveling to Stamford. Instead, he will attend creative meetings via conference call from Los Angeles, and will fly to most TV tapings to produce and direct backstage segments and vignettes.

The following has been released:

ENDEMOL AND HULK HOGAN TEAM UP FOR ONLINE GAMING DEAL
Los Angeles/ London: 15th October 2010

Hulk Hogan is taking to the ring again, this time online. The world-famous wrestling champion, actor, TV host, entrepreneur and reality-show star has formed a new tag-team with global production company Endemol, and the licensing division of Bischoff Hervey Entertainment, in order to take on the online gaming industry.

Seen weekly in over 120 countries as the star of TNA Wrestling, Hogan has now partnered with Endemol, one of the world's largest producers of TV, film and digital content. The result is Hulk Hogan's Hulkamania, an online slot created by Endemol Games UK. The game is slated for worldwide release early next year and will be distributed internationally by Endemol Worldwide Brands, a global division dedicated to brand partnerships and digital media. Hulkamania will be one of the first games of its type to integrate original video content of its star, who appears personally throughout in order to inspire players and personalize the gameplay experience.

Endemol Games UK is the recently launched division specializing in online gaming and headed up by Managing Director, Jurian van der Meer. Van der Meer comments; "Endemol Games UK is expanding into new areas and this deal marks one of our first third party licensing partnerships. Hulk Hogan is an icon with massive global appeal and we aim to attract his fans with creative online slot games. This is a great addition to our portfolio."

The deal was spearheaded by producers and longtime Hogan partners, Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey, for the licensing division of Los Angeles-based Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment. "Endemol is a major player in international media. Titles like 'Deal or No Deal' and 'Big Brother' are still setting the standard for media properties across the world. We're proud to be partners", said Bischoff.

MX Gaming, a relative newcomer in the online world, is co-producing Hulkamania with Endemol and Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment, and was instrumental in the genesis of the deal. "We've worked closely with Bischoff and Hogan on prior projects, and when examining our options for online, Endemol was clearly the perfect fit. They know television, and they know gaming, and that's precisely what we wanted", said Ike Mcfadden of MX Gaming. "With a 25-year career and millions of fans, a game based on the exploits of Hulk Hogan is probably as close to a safe bet as exists in the highly competitive online gaming industry."

About HULK HOGAN

Known most recently as the star of TNA Nonstop Wrestling on SpikeTV, host of NBC's top-rated "American Gladiator", host and Executive Producer of CMT's series, "Celebrity Wrestling", and star of MTV's "Hogan Knows Best", Hulk Hogan is one of the best-recognized celebrities in the world.

A twelve- time world wrestling champion, including six WCW World Heavyweight belts, six WWE Championships, and a World Tag Team championship belt, Hulk Hogan is arguably the greatest wrestler in sports entertainment history. Rarely has an athlete held so many professional titles to his name in such a vast career.

Hulk Hogan is also well known among young fans for his four "demandments": which include training, saying prayers, eating vitamins, and believing in one self. As a result, he is one of the most-requested celebrities for the Make-a-Wish Foundation children's charity.

About BISCHOFF-HERVERY ENTERTAINMENT

Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment specializes in the creation and production of television content, as well as licensing opportunities for established entertainment properties. BHE has created, developed, and produced both television pilots and series for NBC, VH-1, CMT, A&E, E!, and SPIKE TV, including two seasons of the hit series "Scott Baio is 45...and Single" and "Scott Baio is 46...and Pregnant" on VH-1, and "Home Again" with Billy Ray Cyrus on CMT. In 2008 BHE produced "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling" for CMT and is currently in production for an upcoming series on TruTV. BHE licensing has developed brand strategies, licensing opportunities, and retail distribution for entertainment brands including WWE, Playboy, Socko Energy, Hulk Hogan, LG, and WalMart.

About ENDEMOL

Endemol is a global leader in entertainment programming and the largest independent television and digital production company in the world.

Endemol comprises a global network of more than 80 companies in 26 countries.

Each year the company produces content and partners with more than 400 broadcasters and cross media platforms worldwide. Endemol is also one of the largest independent distributors of formats and finished programming in the world. The company has a growing library of over 2,000 formats and more than 22,000 hours of content across genres including entertainment, reality TV, game shows, animation, comedy, drama, docu-dramas, features and feature films.

Endemol's credits include international blockbusters formats such as Big Brother, Deal or No Deal, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, 1 vs. 100, Star Academy and Wipeout. Its growing drama portfolio includes worldwide hits such as Home and Away, Rush, McLeod's Daughters; Wire in the Blood, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Robin Hood and Nini. Endemol is also behind a wide range of multi-media sports content including football, cricket, rugby and motor racing.

Endemol is owned by Goldman Sachs, Mediacinco and Cyrte, which acquired the company in May 2007

About MX GAMING

MX Gaming is an independent game developer with offices in Palm Beach and Buenos Aires, distributing games in the US, Western and Eastern Europe, Mexico, Central and South America. MX Gaming Partner Ike Mcfadden placed third in the 2004 Iditarod with a run time of 13 days, 15 hours.

Last edited by kane on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Quote :
CM Punk's New Look

As seen on RAW this week, CM Punk reverted back to his former hair color after donning a bleached blonde look at Saturday's live event in Kennewick, Washington. It was apparently for one-night only or WWE management told him to dye it back to black. We'll update you with more shortly. For those who did not see it, you can click here to view a photo of the bleach-blonde hair look from Saturday night.

Source: twpnews.com

Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Quote :
WWE Superstars
By Jason Powell / Oct 21, 2010 - 09:12 AM

WWE Superstars features WWE Unified Tag Champions Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes vs. MVP and Chris Masters. Maybe they'll even air the ring entrances of the tag champs this time. Chris Shore will be covering the show live as it airs tonight at 7:00 p.m. CT on WGN America. Plus, Chris will be back on Friday with the WWE Superstars Hitlist.

Source: prowrestling.net
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Quote :
TNA IMPACT! & ReAction + WWE Superstars Ratings

This week's edition of WWE Superstars did a 0.5 rating, with 537,000 viewers. The replay did a 0.16 (0.2) rating, with 176,000 viewers.

Both shows went head-to-head with an NFL game featuring the Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans.

Source: wrestlinginc.com
Back to top Go down
kane
Owner
Owner
kane

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Quote :
WWE & TNA Weekend Schedules
Posted by Larry Csonka on 12.10.2010

WWE
- December 12th at the Monroe Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana [SMACKDOWN HOUSE SHOW]
* Set to Appear: Rey Mysterio, Edge, Big Show, Kane, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Michelle McCool, Layla and Kelly Kelly

* December 12th at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi [RAW HOUSE SHOW]
* WWE Champion The Miz vs. Wade Barrett vs. Juan Cena (John Cena's Mexican Cousin)
* WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov vs. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel
* U.S. Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase
* John Morrison vs. Sheamus
* R-Truth vs. Tyson Kidd
* Melina & Eve Torres vs. Maryse & Alicia Fox
* Ezekiel Jackson vs. Zack Ryder

- December 13th at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana [WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW]
* Three Hour Slammy Show

- December 14th at the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana [WWE SMACKDOWN/NXT]

source: 411mania.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Atricles 2010   WWE Atricles 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE Atricles 2010
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2